The Law Offices of Stuppi & Stuppi handles large, complex corporate matters, as well as middle market and small business cases in such diverse industries as retail, healthcare, high tech, telecom, hospitality and entertainment. We also represent individuals and businesses in chapter 7 liquidation cases. Every new case is a welcome challenge no matter what the size, and our legal team is skilled in negotiating practical, constructive solutions for our clients.
We pride ourselves on our extensive experience in bankruptcy law and out-of-court workouts in business matters including:
- Chapter 11 reorganization and restructuring
- Negotiation and formulation of chapter 11 plans of reorganization or plans of orderly liquidation and preparation of accompanying disclosure statements
- Claims analysis
- Assumption/rejection of executory contracts and leases
- Assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Chapter 7 liquidation for individual and corporate debtors
- Advising and assisting with the financial reporting requirements of the Court and the Office of the United States Trustee
Our bankruptcy litigation experience is vast and comprehensive, representing our clients in:
- Fraudulent transfer and preference litigation
- Claim objections
- Relief from stay motions
- Contested confirmation of plans of reorganization, including secured and unsecured creditor "cram downs"
- Avoidance of security interests, including "lien stripping" and challenges to the validity of liens
- Insider litigation, including breach of fiduciary duty and other corporate governance disputes
- Reclamation and "key vendor" proceedings
The Law Offices of Stuppi & Stuppi also represent clients in State Court commercial litigation matters, involving debt collection, mortgage foreclosure, piercing the corporate veil and the Uniform Commercial Code. When litigation is necessary, our office is poised to guide our clients through filing or defending the complaint through trial.
With the downturn in the economy, many business owners have elected to sell all or a portion of their assets in an orderly fashion in either a section 363 sale or through a plan of liquidation in Bankruptcy Court. The Law Offices of Stuppi & Stuppi have represented numerous sellers and purchasers of assets in Bankruptcy Court with successful results. Our attorneys have the knowledge and depth of experience in these matters, from negotiating the asset purchase agreement and bid protections to closing the deal.